A friend of mine asked me to share my diet and exercise plan that helped me to “lose weight”. What follows are the tools, resources, dietary, and exercise principles that helped me to accomplish my health and fitness goals.
Number One: Your Why
You need to figure out your why. What is the motivating force behind why you want to do this. It has to be so compelling that you won’t give up like all the other times that you’ve tried to do this. My why is my family. I want to live longer so I can have more time with them.
First of all, my journey is not about losing weight. Excess weight and obesity are simply visible results of an unhealthy cycle of overeating and a sedentary lifestyle. When I started my journey, I wanted to not just lose weight, but also shed excess fat as well as be physically fit. These goals cannot be achieved by diet alone. I believe diet without exercise is simply a waste of time.
- Suunto t3c heart rate monitor
* Tracks calorie burn during exercise
* Helps monitor heart rate during exercise
* More practical than Polar heart rate monitors because the batteries are self-replaceable
* Food database
* Calorie counter
* Assists you in determining how many calories you can eat with a given amount of exercise
* See my review of this great tool
- Gym membership
* LA Fitness
* 24HR Fitness
- Personal Trainer
* Personal training membership at LA Fitness is a monthly financial commitment for one year
* Personal training at 24HR Fitness is purchased in groups of sessions, no monthly commitment
* Costco and costco.com sell a 2-year 24HR Fitness membership at a great price, equals about $12/month